Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our first week of classes...

Dear Immersion Students of GLPS 15,

Welcome to KMLA~! It's been a busy first week getting to know all of you, and so far I've enjoyed the process.  You've told me some interesting facts about yourselves (66% of them true!), and from what I can see we have a uniquely talented group of students at this camp.

If you are reading this now, you've probably created your blog, which means you are equipped with a very important tool for this GLPS Writing Program.   For writing to truly matter, it has to be read, and not just by a single teacher.  Remember one very important thing: Writers Write! The only way to improve your skills is to write and write and write some more.  But that is not all.  You must also read and read and read some more! Good writers read, and they learn from other writers.  Shakespeare can tell you as much.  So always be reading a book, and always be learning new words.  And now that you have a blog, start writing and don't stop!  Your blog is a showcase for your talents.  Feel free to express yourself in creative ways, and write about everything and anything.  You can write about movies you've seen and loved, and even food you've eaten and hated! There are no limits.


An additional purpose of your blog is to create a unique and creative network among your new GLPS classmates.  Although it is just the fifth day of camp, and you are still getting to know your new friends, you can be sure that on January 29th, when it's time to say goodbye, that you'll want to keep in touch.  A blog is a grand opportunity to do so, and I hope you continue blogging after the camp.

So for now, keep writing about your daily observations and learning experiences at GLPS.  Have fun, and upload pictures.  I'll be checking in! And keep in mind that when you are finished with the Chain Writing exercise, that I'm going to ask you to edit one of them and type it - and then post it on your blog.

See you in class! :)

28 comments:

  1. My name is Olivia,
    Lee Seung Hyun from class 22.
    ADD MY BLOG!!! - www.dailylemonwater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Annie(Yeryn Kim)from class 24.
    Please add my blog too! - kimyeryn.blogspot.com
    Thank you very much!^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Sonia. Sowon Lee from class 24. my blog addresss is- hbhollic.blgspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my name is Jenny
    I'm in the class 24 and my blog address is
    sjhuh0309@.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I've got all of you. Click your link to make sure it works! Good work guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in class 24
    My name is Taeksoo Kim
    My blog is
    www.thisismyblog98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Sarh(JUNG SEUNG YEON)
    my blog is Sarahsblog0830.blogspot.com
    I am in class 24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello? my name is jennt(KIM SEO YEON)
    my blog is jennytheworld.blogspot.com
    I amd in class 24

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in class 24. I am Emily (Kim Da Eun)and my blog is kmlafwfkmla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 26 - Kim Sun Myung

    fnvlwid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim Ga Na, class 26

    cnbluejyhforeva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my name is Sun Woo My adress is http://sunwoopark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. 22- Kang Jisue
    http://jisuekang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. 22-Seohui Lee (Laila)
    http://seohuiblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. 22-Jo Sua
    http://suajomd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. 22- Jang Min Kyung (Angella)
    Teacher, I changed my blog because I forgot my email, so this is the new one.


    www.angellaangella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. 26- Oh Seo Young
    http://lily027.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello~!!??>_<??
    Nice to meet you!!
    I'm 21-Lee-Yu-Yeon..
    I belive that you have my blog~3~
    BYEBYE&&

    ReplyDelete
  19. 26-Jung So Ha
    http://blogeleanor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. 26-Jo Young Il
    http://jjy010101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete