Thursday, January 13, 2011

Shout Outs!

 I've read over some of the reflective essays inspired by the film "Spring," and from classes 25 and 26 the best one I read was from Sophia over at JB Holic.  I've used this same writing exercise with KMLA highschool students, and this easily competes with the best of them in terms of structure and tone.   Read it here! She did a great job of formatting the post and making the video smaller as well. 


I've also come across a great viral video essay from Eleanor at her blog.  She did a bit of research on the "Double Rainbow Guy"  and wrote an extensive essay about viral videos.
What impresses me is that while many students just posted videos and wrote as little as possible (some didn't write anything yet), Eleanor dove in and got the job done on her own time.  Good stuff!

I also found an interesting Chain Writing essay that sounded like a professionally written book.  Read about Denying Fariytales and enjoy this creative 1st person narrative that shows a lot of writing style.

Keep up the good writing guys! You are all awesome.  I'm slowly getting around to reading and commenting on everyone's blog with help from Mr. Crawford.

No comments:

Post a Comment